Government » Board of Health » Board of Health
Board of Health
The Saddle River Board of Health provides a variety public health services to the residents of the Borough. The goal that we strive for is to coordinate and assure the preservation, protection and promotion of good health, well-being and the quality of life for all the residents in our community. We work towards this goal by:
- Monitoring health status to identify community health problems.
- Diagnosing and investigating health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Informing, educating and empowering people about health issues.
- Mobilizing community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
- Developing policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforcing laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Linking people to needed personal health services and assuring preventive care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assuring a competent public health workforce.
- Evaluating effectiveness, accessibility and quality of personal and population based health services,
- Examining research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.
Board of Health Meetings: The Saddle River Board of Health generally meets on the 1st Wednesday of every month, except July and August. Meetings are held in the Borough Hall and start at 7:30 pm. Residents who are interested in serving as a board of health member should contact Mayor Samuel S. Raia at 201 327-2609 ext 510.